May 1, 2012

The First Chicken You Never Forget

L'Art de Faire des Amis / The Art of Making Friends


When I decided to subscribe for my very first patch appliqué class I had no idea what to expect, but I was up to anything crafty. So the day finally arrived and I was as nervous as a sixth-grader on the first day of school. In class, I found myself surrounded by lovely older women who just wanted to get to know me as we did some wonderful appliques. In the midst of all that conversation there was a sense of creativity in the air, and the cutest craft work were appearing right in front of my eyes. I could almost smell coffee as one of the ladies - now my classmate and colleague - showed me a beautiful coffee maker cover she made with a very cute applique. All of a sudden I realized there was no other place I would rather be. I could picture my colleagues' homes beautifully decorated as I got to know them better. I could imagine Vera's table cloth with all those chicken appliques decorating her huge wooden table while her family got together to share a special meal. I could see how Izilda's hand towel would look amazing in her blue-tiled covered bathroom. How about Anair's feeling when giving her friend the handmade eco-bag that she so patiently made on her own? A-m-a-z-i-n-g! As the weeks passed by I was increasingly more in love with the craft work I got done and I adored those lovely ladies with all the stories they had to share while appliqu'ing away. Not to mention that every item we made has a story behind them. So to finish this post, I thought I could show you my very first patch appliqué work that I made on a kitchen cloth. You know what my colleagues say? The first chicken you never forget. How true!




2 comments:

  1. Que lindo, Sá!! Adorei o blog, o post e as galinhas!!

    Muito sucesso!!

    Beijão!
    Sam junior

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As galinhas são lindas, né? rs. Volte sempre pra ver o blog! Bjão.

      Delete